Ten on Tuesday No.27
1. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?
The usual. Going to my parents’ house (which is an hour away) and making dinner with my mom for the fam.
2. What are you most thankful for this year?
Life, just life.
3. Do you have any traditions on Thanksgiving? The parade? Football? Long naps?
We watch the Macy’s Parade in the morning and then “Elf” (with Will Ferrel) after dinner.
4. Is it called stuffing or dressing? Is it in the bird or a separate dish?
Stuffing, and I have no idea. I hate the stuff and refuse to deal with it.
5. Do you cook?
I am always in charge of the carbs (of course). Mash potatoes, sweet potatoes, and bread. Sometimes I’ll do a dessert.
6. What is your favorite dish?
Sweet potato casserole with marshmallows… oh heaven. Although, I might make this this year.
Photo and recipe by http://www.howsweeteats.com/
7. What is your dessert preference?
Warm apple pie a la mode!
8. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
I always love Thanksgiving and we always celebrate it in pretty much the same way so it is hard to think of a favorite. I love just being with my family, eating amazing food, and getting excited that the holidays are starting. Oh, and that I can start to listen to Christmas music without being a nut.
9. Do you plan to shop on Black Friday?
Omg. NEVER, EVER.
10. What are you most dreading about Thanksgiving this year?
Nothing! I love Thanksgiving! Actually, now that I think about it, I hope my grandmother behaves. She has already been starting pre-Thanksgiving drama by saying she doesn’t want certain people there. I hope she gets it together.